Sunday, March 26, 2006

Blast from the past

Last night I saw:
  • Wicked Wisdom
  • Social Burn
  • Nonpoint
  • Sevendust
Wicked Wisdom, in case you didn't know, is the metal band in which Jeda Pinkett Smith is the vocalist. Yes, I did hear her growl. Yes, I did hear her say, "You guys were fuckin' great tonight." FYI, she was in the Nutty Professor.

Social Burn is boring as all hell.

The vocalist of Nonpoint is a douchebag. He is right up there with Fred Durst. He said stupid things. "Put your motherfuckin' guns in the air," "Throw your fuckin' fingers in the air," "I wanna see this whole place turn into one big fuckin' pit." He once yelled at the crowd, "When I say 'Fuck' you say 'That'! Fuck! (That!) Fuck! (That!)" This was when I laughed the hardest.

Sevendust was pretty bitchin'. Their intro thing they played over the PA before their entrance was Country Boy Can't Survive. It was hilarious. There is something about all the different ways they play "DUN DUN DUN DUNDUNDUNDUN" all with the same note... For some reason it rocks... It was really hard and really loud, so I kind of dug it. For their encore, they came out and played the beginning of Voodoo Child and went strait into one of their ridiculously low and heavy songs right after "I stand up next to a mountain." I laughed for a really long time.

The whole experience was fun. Seeing kids in Slipknot shirts reminded me of myself about five years ago. I hadn't been to a metal concert since 8th grade. It was nice to visit my roots and watch all the meat heads beat the shit out of each other.

Ravi struck at 17:28

Flame(s)

Country Boys CAN Survive

-Laura

Anonymous Anonymous @ 26.3.06

 
jeda? try "jada"...use a wacking spell check damnit!

Anonymous Anonymous @ 28.3.06

 
Post a Comment

Back To Sparks