Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Red 2 to base"

So, I've been driving huge busses a lot lately. That's pretty much been my whole week thus far. For the first time all summer I have been skipping out on social occasions because all I want to do is go to bed. It takes energy to drive those busses, man. I finally have a few hours to sit down and do nothing today. So, I think I'm going to go to bed until 20:50 (military AND bus time) so I can get up and drive another bus tonight. Once I'm done training this won't suck nearly as much. I think. I have been wrong before.

Gotta sleep as much as I can. Gotta charge up my reservoirs for Lolla.

You know what? I don't like The Mars Volta anymore. I just... every time I listen to them they seem more and more... I don't know... pretentious?... "high art"?... trying way too hard to be ultra-progressive and cryptic?... especially the newest stuff. It's one of the most annoying albums I've ever heard. I really hate how sometimes they'll be playing a really pretty song and then the end of it will kind of melt into this god awful amalgamation of noise blobs. Fuck that, man. Just play the song.

Ravi struck at 18:53