Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fuck ventriloquism

I am about to do the craziest thing I have ever done. First, a recap of my life as relevant to the subject: I have hated math my entire life and have never done well in it. I also vowed to never take a math course ever again after the 101 class I am in right now. I did not make it through an entire year of chemistry. I cringed at the thought of doing physics. I had no idea...

I have been slowly realizing that I want nothing to do with radio. I enjoy the technical side of it, but I want nothing to do with sales, marketing, demographics, being on air, not having any control, or strict schedules. Also, radios sole purpose on this earth is to make more money than the station down the road. My job needs to be something for me, not my manager.

I have been slowly realizing that one of the only things I want to know about and actually go to school for has to do with sound. Acoustics, recording, production, post-production... It's the only area I am truly interested in, so I am going to learn as much as I possibly can about it. What does that mean? First step: Acoustic engineering. What does that mean? A SHIT TON of math (all the way through calculus), a shit ton a physics, and probably some chemistry.

Right now, I have next to nothing accomplished in any three of those categories. I do not know what awaits me. Next semester I begin doing the most difficult thing I have ever done. Pray for me...

Ravi struck at 00:44

Flame(s)

Whether you enjoy it or not...you truely are a delightful radio personality. Honest.
[Although, you DO dedicate songs to my mom for me...so I suppose I may be a bit partial...]

Anonymous Anonymous @ 21.9.06

 
what math are you taking?

Blogger sirueth @ 29.9.06

 
Post a Comment

Back To Sparks