Tuesday, September 05, 2006

O, we love her purple and gold...

So, I'm at Waldorf... I have been here for a little over a week and have already spent a weekend at my house. It's cooler, bigger, quieter, more comfortable, and exactly the same level of boring. I am going to try not to make a habit of going home, but I'll see how that goes. As for my Waldorf experience, I will start with two weekends ago.
I got here for orientation and we were put into "O-Families," or orientation groups. I sat there and met my people, but only retained two names due to everyone's looking alike. After that I attended the picnic... Didn't meet anyone new, but I watched Brandon be crazy for awhile. I decided I had had enough of this, so I came back to the room. Later on that night, there was something called "Playfair," an event that supposedly won some award for meeting new people or some shit. All the freshman were directed toward the fieldhouse. We got there and participated in get together activities similar to those of a bible camp's. After that hour of sweating and thinking about how stupid everything was, I was free to do whatever I wanted.
The following day, I did not go to any orientation. I am glad.
The first word ever said to me in a classroom was sung by Mark Newcom, "Morning!" Also, every time he says "Um" he sings it.
I spent a lot of time in this little dorm room last week. Everyone I have met, excluding a very small hand full, is just like the crowd I didn't want to hang out with in high school. Most of them look the same and are not very friendly to me. Noah and I get a lot of negative comments on our white board. We live with a lot of jocks/assholes.

I'm about ready to be done with Waldorf. Get ready Eric, I am going to try to get out there.

Ravi struck at 15:25

Flame(s)

What kind of negative comments? Its a Christian college. Do they attack your level of godlines?

Anonymous Anonymous @ 5.9.06

 
Yeah, you are kind of lacking in Godliness...I'd write negative comments too. How could those good Christians be so unGodly? We all know that Christians are the best type of people. I'm so more than ready. Come to me. I have Christians who aren't jocks or assholes or idiots, and plenty of Atheists who don't suck. And we have mountains. And ocean. And crime and violence and meth. Everything you could want.

Blogger erongicong @ 6.9.06

 
Post a Comment

Back To Sparks