Monday, October 19, 2009

How Driving Cambus Is Like Sex

I recently discovered a blog filled with Cambussers' stories of the road. It is goddamn hilarious. Although, some of it is geared toward a very narrow audience. I found a list of reasons why bus driving is like sex. I have omitted the ones that are funny only to a Cambusser (with the exception of just a few I couldn't do without), or just straight up aren't funny:

1. I’m tired afterwards
2. Women make phone calls complaining about my performance
4. People wave at me when they see me doing it
6. I do it several times a day
7. You’re not allowed to finish early
8. No one will look me in the eye when they get off
9. No entry allowed in the back door
13. I dread it all day but once I start it’s not that bad
14. You have to be careful when pulling out of the barn
15. Doing the job is nice, but it’s the performance evaluations I could do without
17. You never let Butch* get things started
18. The first time it’s with someone with more experience
29. I check the mirrors every 3-5 seconds
30. When it starts to smell funny, I call a mechanic
31. You should always inspect before starting, but who does that anyway?
38. We all think cleanup** is gross
42. After six hours you need a break
60. Girls always hate it when you make them late

*Butch is a near-retirement mechanic who is short, quite round, grumpy, and... named Butch.
** "clean up" is where all the buses get washed and shit.


Ravi struck at 18:58

You'll love my toxic love